Friday, September 30, 2011

6 Weeks Later...

So sorry to leave all of my avid readers hanging... ;)

We've just finished our 6th week of school, and I feel like it's flown by. Can you believe it's already October (tomorrow)?!

So, to catch up on my first few weeks as a teacher...

1. I love my job. Even though I'm tired. And even though there have been some not-good days. I have a great job- one that I think I may have been made for (although my co-workers may not agree: it IS my first year, and there are a LOT of things I still have to learn).

2. I sincerely appreciate the veteran teachers I work with. They are extraordinarily helpful, and I feel like they really want me to succeed at this.

3. I love my students. Even when they aren't great, they're great.
 
4. The little things that make a big difference:
Giving little notes of praise.

Letting Mr. Owl sit with students when he sees them behaving and working hard.

Relating. The kids love how much I love Phineas and Ferb.


Getting along.


The beautiful owl my dear friend, Kate, made for me. She is always hanging out.

6. Exciting news!
We just got our new SMART Boards this week! Yay!!


Well, now you're caught up. Enjoy October. It will be gone before you know it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think you are my test from the Lord.....so I can learn not to be too proud!!!!! I love you and I know you are a fantastic teacher. Its just an added blessing to love what you do everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing!!
    I'm so excited for you and I totally understand your tired. :)

    I love the owls!!

    ReplyDelete